If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a great team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Click on job title to learn more
The Skilled Maintenance person is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the physical plant. Conducting under supervisor direction, preventive maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, building equipment and plumbing repairs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs general maintenance duties, such as: fixing wall covers, floor covers and some furniture and fixtures; skilled plumbing work, skilled electrical repair and appliance repairs.
- Performs skilled preventive maintenance, as directed by supervisor.
- Performs skilled building and equipment repairs.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
- Assists, during winter, with snow removal efforts.
- Participates in all drills and in-service meetings as assigned.
- HVAC preferred. Technical knowledge/ability required. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicates effectively, and performs simple arithmetic.
- One year experience in plant and/or residential maintenance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort; may be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain, snow); work in area with high voltage electricity, hazardous equipment and moving parts; work on roof top and other high places; ability to set up and climb ladders safely with tools and equipment necessary for assigned work; must be able to lift 80 pounds; must be able to walk, stand and stoop for an extended period of time (over 80% of the time); exposure to a variety of chemicals and dust daily; may be exposed to the HBV and HIV viruses.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness and neatness of assigned apartments and common areas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs general housekeeping duties of hallways and common areas as directed by supervisor.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in apartments, such as:vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and dusting of all cleared flat surfaces.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively. Previous housekeeping experience preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort 95% of the work day. Must be able to stand and walk long distances up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to stoop and work from a kneeling position, perform repetitive bending, reaching and stretching. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. independently. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. over tiled and carpeted surfaces over long distances. Must be able to operate a vacuum, work in confined spaces around furniture and breakable objects, and have constant contact with residents. May be exposed to communicable diseases including influenza, HIV and Hepatitis. May be exposed to unpleasant odors, high heat levels, and institutional cleaning chemicals.
The Clinical Educator role is responsible for coordinating, implementing and tracking all education functions for all nursing staff, along with the Health Center (Pavilion) and Licensed Residential (Manor) support positions. Assists with design of learning activities and staff development. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations including corporate compliance and HIPAA Privacy Standards.
The Clinical Educator will also serve as the Infection Control Preventionist. The ICP is responsible to plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct our infection prevention and control program and its activities in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern such programs, and as may be directed by the Medical Director, Director of Nursing or Administrator and the QAPI committee to ensure that an effective infection prevention and control program is maintained at all times.
- Participates, oversees and assures the completion of the new staff job-specific orientation program for the nursing staff in all licensed buildings on the campus, focusing on person-centered care.
- Arranges, provides, and documents continuing education for staff through appropriate in-services and teaches the topic being in-serviced while maintaining a person-centered care approach.
- Maintains and keeps current competency skill lists of CNAs, QMAs and nurses. Keeps records up to date to be used in evaluations and regulatory requirement fulfillment. Responsible for completion of make-ups.
- Develops monthly calendars, arranges rooms, speakers and materials.
- Assists in purchase of learning resources such as supplies and equipment.
- Assisting in the examination, testing, and sampling of new products or equipment.
- Monitors completion of computerized inservices for all clinical staff and reports non-compliance of timely completion to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists CNAs, QMAs and nurses with computer, including additional direction necessary for using the electronic medical record system.
- Coordinates required and supplemental in‑service education and competency programs per Federal and State requirements, appropriate for nursing staff and acts as resource for community staff to increase knowledge of competence in job skills for the benefit of staff and residents, in cooperation with the Medical Director and Administrator. Utilizes vendors, consultants and the medical community as appropriate.
- Coordinates the dementia training program for the community ensuring staff are up to date on all Federal and State training requirements.
- Maintains clinical skills and stays knowledgeable of current standards of nursing practice through nursing education related to geriatrics.
- Supports new staff with learning the community culture, policies and procedures, and job descriptions. Assists with orientation and ongoing mentoring of peers.
- Maintains current knowledge of Federal, State and local Long-Term Care Regulations. Attends learning/continuing education programs to keep current with latest industry information.
- Responsible for safeguarding privacy and confidentiality of all resident health care information which includes complying with all HIPAA regulations. Agrees to not disclose resident’s protected health information. Promptly reports suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Assists staff with the process of ordering uniforms.
- Administers and tracks TB tests for new employees and annual tests for all employees.
- Administers and tracks flu shots and forms for staff during CDC established flu season.
- Serves “on call” on weekends and after normal working hours.Serves as Manager on Duty on scheduled late shifts and weekends.
- Embraces the person-centered care model that empowers staff to keep the individual at the center of the care planning and decision-making process. Ensures that residents are supported in achieving the highest level of physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, coordinate, and direct our infection prevention and control program in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern such requirements in nursing care facilities.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection prevention and control.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update infection prevention and control processes and techniques in accordance with current best practices.
- Review, modify and interpret infection prevention and control policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain a reference library of written infection prevention and control material that will assist the facility in meeting the infection prevention and control needs of the staff and residents.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the QAPI Committee on a monthly basis or more often as necessary/required, concerning the infection prevention and control program of this facility.
- Assist all departments in evaluating and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified.
- Monitor infection prevention and control practices and procedures to ensure that all personnel are implementing our standard operating procedures for tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Make rounds to nursing units for the purpose of case findings, review of environmental sanitation procedures, and supervision of standard and transmission-based precautions/practices.
- Ensure that all personnel follow established procedures for the disposal and removal of biohazardous and contaminated materials from the facility.
- Provide the Director of Nursing Services with a monthly summary report of pertinent findings and recommendations pertaining to communicable diseases, healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic stewardship.
- Monitor and address possible sources of infection within the facility, including personnel, visitors, residents, and the environment.
- Assist in developing infection prevention and control procedures for the handling of clean and soiled laundry/linen, equipment cleaning, etc.
- Assist in developing infection prevention and control procedures for the routine and terminal cleaning of rooms and common areas, equipment cleaning, etc., for all departments.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend Infection Prevention and QAPI meetings.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all department directors and personnel to ensure that infection prevention and control services and activities can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in nursing required, Bachelors preferred.
- Current nursing license in the State of Indiana.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional nursing experiencewith at least two (2) years in training or comparable management position required, preferably in a long-term care setting.
- Current CPR and TB certification required within first thirty (30) days.
- Must be willing to complete the Indiana State approved Nurse Aide Training Instructor course and a CMS approved Infection Preventionist Training course.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities and infection prevention and control practices, to include standard/universal precautions.
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Knowledge of current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a long-term care and licensed residential setting.
- Skill in organization, time management, motivating, developing, and training.
- Skill in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing using the English language, including applying active listening.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups ofmanagers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as thewillingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Staff Nurse is responsible for following established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from supervisory nursing staff. The Staff Nurse is responsible for hands on resident care, proper and timely administration of medications and treatments, accurate verbal and written reports and rapid responses to any/all emergency situations. Abides and follows established policy and procedures as outlined by the community, local, state and federal regulations.
Full Job Description:
Note: The position of Staff Nurse may be an R.N. or L.P.N., all duties listed below may be performed by either.
- Job Skills/Resident Care
- Performs professional nursing services which include resident assessments, recording vital signs, administering medications, enemas, catheterization, suctioning, intravenous fluids, sterile technique dressings, set-up and following isolation techniques, set-up and administration of oxygen, physical and emotional caring techniques.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative nursing for residents by communications and instructing in activities of daily living or other self help techniques as outlined in the resident care plan.
- Makes rounds and tours on a regular basis assessing resident needs and appearance of facility, verifying resident needs are being met.
- Responds in a swift manner to facility, resident, or staff emergencies.
- Documents written report and provides verbal report on any/all unusual or abnormal observations, emergency care, resident need, family concerns, writing of physician orders, or changes in physician orders, narcotic records, follow-up care, resident care plan revisions, and any/all changes related to ensuring that quality resident care is provided.
- Communicates with resident, family, Health Center staff, pharmacy and others as necessary on resident needs and concerns in a professional manner.
- Responds with both verbal and physical communication in an endeavor to meet all emotional, social, and spiritual needs of residents, families, and staff members.
- Oversees nursing personnel to specific assigned jobs and spot checks work to ensure Health Center standards are met.
- Follows and abides by any/all community policies, procedures, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Attends in-service training and educational seminars as needed to maintain professional license and keep abreast of current nursing practices.
- Performs other duties as needed or as assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Interprets and functions within the established personnel policies of the facility.
- Resident Rights
- Assists in maintaining the facility’s philosophy of providing high quality nursing care while maintaining resident independence, privacy and dignity.
- Maintains good working relationships with all other staff members, supervisors and all other facility personnel through example and precept.
- Fosters and maintains cordial relationships with residents, their families and friends, and interested persons or groups in the community.
- Infection Control
- Disposes properly, the articles used for resident care, maintaining proper Infection Control.
- Maintains proper personal and physical hygiene.
- Follows all Infection Control/Universal Precautions as directed by policies established by the facility.
- Professional: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, passed board exam as designated by the State Board of Health.
- Currently licensed with the Indiana State Board of Nurses Registration and Education as either Registered Nurse (R.N.) or Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.).
- Thorough knowledge of clinical nursing, including restorative nursing practice.
- Practical knowledge of nursing skills and standards.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
- A genuine interest in geriatric nursing.
- Well informed on the current guidelines of geriatric nursing.
Provides direct care to residents under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. Assists nursing staff by performing various duties in accordance with established facility policies and procedures.
Full Job Description:
- Job Skills/Resident Care
- Provide direct resident care when necessary
- Ensure that all physicians’ orders are followed and carried out.
- Ensure that each resident is assisted with completing ADL needs around the clock.
- Round daily to assess resident needs.
- Implement restorative nursing measures when caring for all needs of the resident.
- Address all aspects and issues of resident care.
- Supervises all nursing personnel assigned to the unit.
- Ensures that all assignments are completed based on resident needs and staff qualifications.
- Ensures that all care is completed in a timely manner.
- Makes daily rounds at least 2 times daily to assess resident conditions and needs.
- Observe direct care administered by staff to provide suggestions for progress and improvement.
- Supervise and assist completion of all medical record documentation.
- Assesses the residents while eating to ensure safe and effective feeding practices.
- Ensure that physician appointments, etc. are arranged with appropriate transportation.
- Accountable for quality resident care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Practice good body mechanics and encourage use of available lifting equipment and labor saving practices.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe environment for the residents and employees.
- Comply with and monitor adherence to infection control and medication policies and procedures.
- Complete accident and incident reports and medications error reports according to facility policy.
- Keep facility manuals in visible and accessible location for use.
- Use, interpret and convey information related to resident care policies and procedures.
- Give oral report to the DON on a daily basis of all pertinent care issues.
- Initiate and contribute to the plan of care for residents in order to promote continuity of care from admission through discharge or transfer.
- Effectively communicate with therapy to ensure follow through with rehabilitative measures.
- Report defective equipment of potential hazards for repair or immediate remediation. Log in Work Order Log.
- Maintain a courteous and helpful attitude towards residents, visitors and staff members.
- Communicate resident concerns and other disciplines as necessary.
- Coordinate other services needed by the resident.
- Adhere to facility dress code.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Be conscious of your role model responsibilities.
- Utilize proper telephone etiquette.
- Attend Care Plan conferences on unit residents.
- Assist with quality control and quality assurance data gathering.
- Attend discharge-planning meetings as necessary.
- Participate in quarterly nursing management meetings.
- Participate in other meetings or committees assigned by the DON.
- Identify specific learning needs of the unit and implement education for staff.
- Contribute to topics for regular in-service programs.
- Ensure staff participation in in-service education.
- Participate in the evaluation process of all unit employees.
- Recognize superior performance of unit employees.
- Implement disciplinary action on employees not following facility procedures and policies.
- Assure completeness and thoroughness of orientation for new employees.
- Implement systems to assure that all ADL and restorative nursing documentation is complete.
- Monitor the medical record for completeness of information related to the resident’s care.
- Assist in completing the Care Plan under the supervision of the MDS/Care Plan Coordinator.
- Complete response to Medical Record Audits in a timely manner.
- Complete rewrites by the end of every month.
- Monitor the entire medical record for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Monitor use of staffing hours to fit assigned budget.
- On-call on a rotating basis.
- RN or LPN from an accredited or state approved school of nursing with current license to practice in the state of Indiana.
- Two years experience in a long-term care setting with charge or comparable responsibilities.
- Have a genuine interest in working with the geriatric population.
- Have the ability to motivate, supervise and delegate.
- Must be physically able to transfer and move residents bodily or by use of lifting and transferring equipment
The Server Person is responsible for table service in the Community dining rooms.
Full Job Description:
- Sets tables and maintains work stations in proper order, moving in a timely manner.
- Takes orders, provides service and requested items both graciously and courteously within proper time frames
- Clears dishes from tables during and after meal service appropriately with a tray from the right side of the guest.
- Answers pertinent questions about menu items. Prior knowledge is needed of menu items before taking an order.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant or club with fine dining preferred; will train.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION TYPE: Hourly